Friday 12 January 2018

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 6 (evening) - Isfahan - Strolling along the bazaar; cooking the evening meal - The 2nd of December 2017



(...)

Saba and I strolled around the alleys of the bazaar, some of which I had never been to. Many of the dried fruits  made me feel like unexpectedly wanting to buy some, but the moment I came across what looked like cherries dipped in a sort of sugary mixture I let my "gourmande" instinct take over and if I didn't buy any is because we were expecting to have an early dinner.
 






















From there I walked through alleys of richly decorated party or wedding ceremony-like dresses, which strongly contrasted with the long black veils hanging close to them.


























As we walked around the area we ended inside the Friday Mosque, which I had not been to in the evening, let alone seen lit up. What mostly impressed me though was a beautiful ly decorated stucco mirahb in the roofed corridor of the eastern entrance of the Mosque, which is believed to pertain to the Ilkhanid epoch and thus the 7th and 8th centuries.






























Back in the streets we made it to a gold selling market, which similarly to what had happenned before did strongly contrast with the long black clothes hanging  from the surrounding shops.


























We bought some special bread and a few ingrediants we needed for yet another cooking "lesson" of mine. Despite the fact that there were two of us it took us a while to have the meal ready.
 












































It had been a rather "intense" working evening, but I enjoyed every minute of it.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment