Wednesday 27 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 4 (morning) - Isfahan - Honar Garden - garden honouring prominent Iranian people of the past - The 30th of November 2017


I got up fairly early in the morning so as to revisit the Chehel Sotoun Palace. As I walked along the Ali Baba alley I came across a structure I had seen somewhere before and whose meaning I had no clue about until Saba told me that these were funerary  information structures normally placed outside the house of the decease to let neighbours know of the event. 







The Naghsh Jahan Square had become a compulsory stopping point in any of my walking trajectories. No matter where I headed I ended up always passing by it and if repetitive trajectories might have been a nuisance in any other circumstance this wasn't. Whether it was the light or the time of the day the square always had an impact on me as if I was looking at it for the first time ever.
 
 







Between the square and Chehel Sotoun Palace I came across a fairly small yet "meaningful" garden with several stautes of many prominent figures of the past. I took the time to read the short biographies of them all and wondered why we didn't pay equal honour to the ones who had in some sort of way contributed to the development of my home country. Maybe we should learn what "respecting" others is about in the West ...
 












































 

No comments:

Post a Comment