Friday 22 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 3 (afternoon cont.) - Kashan - The Tabatabaei Historic House - The 29th of November 2017


(...)

By the time we reached the last historic house we were expected to visit in Kashan the light wasn't appropriate to take photographs as I would have liked to, though I managed to take quite a few. Having been designed by the same architect of the Boroujerdi's the 5000 square metre Tabatabaei historic house built in the early 1880's left me utterly speechless.   


I didn't know anymore which of the historic houses I had liked the most. Despite the fact that this was clearly the biggest one, each seemed to be unique in its own way. Tabatabaei  had a few elegant glass stained window chambers that did catch one's eye though the intricate floral designs of Persian rugs  meticulously carved on the walls were second to none.
 










































































I must confess I had never been surrounded by such beauty all day long and that's precisely when I decided I would have to impart some of that experience to my colleagues back home by having a photo and Art exhibition that might eventually have them consider travelling to Isfahan province.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment