Wednesday 20 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 3 (morning cont.) - Kashan - Tepe Sialk archeological area; the Boroujerdi Historic House - The 29th of November of 2017


(...)

Before heading to one of the many Historic Houses, the Boroujerdi, we stopped briefly at the Sialk ancient archeological area, which according to some studies and recent excavations seems to feature  one of the oldest immobile settlements of the world.









 
 
 


The moment I walked into the courtyard of the Boroujerdi historic house I was mesmerised by its wall carvings. Having been commissioned for the wife of a wealthy merchant the 1857 historic house, which is said to have taken 18 years to build with a workforce of around 150 craftsmen, has a number of decorative features worth being looked at thoroughly, from the intricate plasterwork to the stucco depicting florae and fruits. I fell in love with the main reception hall topped by a khiskhan-type of central dome, whose beauty I couldn't help but look at.


I could have stayed much longer had there not been more historic houses and a number of other visits to make. The more I looked at the decoratif motives and thought the work involved the more I felt the need to look at every little detail (which might have taken years).





























































































 (To continued)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment