Wednesday 27 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 3 (late afternoon and evening) - Kashan - The Imamzadeh-ye Sultan Mir Ahmad shrine and mausoleum; stopovers on the way back to Isfahan - The 29th of November 2017


Before heading back to Isfahan Mohammad stopped briefly at the Imamzadeh-ye Sultan Mir Ahmad shrine and mausoleum which I just looked at from the outside.






















It wasn't until we stopped outside Kashan overlooking one of the neighbouring hills that I confirmed once more Iranians' love of  nature and fresh air. Several vehicles were stopped where Mohammad stopped his, so as to have some tea, cut up pieces of fruit and cucumber, as well as nuts of various sorts whilst admiring the faint sun set.










Just before approaching Isfahan we stopped one more time - at an old Caravanserai, which has been turned into a market-like ensemble comprising a few stalls that sell a wide variety of local products, from food to handicrafted goods. Despite being quite dark by then I enjoyed the strolling around that ended up at the local restaurant within the premises of the huge compound.






























By the time I reached my "new home" I was tired though I still managed to join Saba in the kitchen and make yet another local cuisine plate that I thoroughly enjoyed.


















It had been a long day but thanks to Mohammad I must confess it was a very rich experience, culturally speaking.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment