Thursday 14 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 2 (late morning and early afternoon) - Isfahan Museum of Music - The 28th of November 2017


Soon after having left the Holy Bethlehem Church I walked back to the New Julfa square to relax for a while before walking into a local shop, where I bought two rather exquisite coats, one of which of Nomadic origin.































I made it to the Museum of Music still located in the Armenian quarter, where I spent a great part of the late morning and afternoon. Funded by two local musicians it showcases around 300 traditional instruments, which range from both National to regional ones.  I was introduced several instruments I had never seen before by a local guide, who not only was very enthusiastic to impart his musical knowledge but also sufficiently patient to answer all my questions. Apart from the exhibition halls there were two small rooms with pictures of some of the outstanding Iranian musicians, and specifically those from Isfahan, as well as a small section for International instruments.


































































































Any visitor is entitled to a live musical performance in a rather well decorated and cosy looking room, but because it was very close to lunch time I was kindly asked to come back a few hours later using the same ticket.
 
 
 




I sat in the outside CafĂ© for about half an hour having a cinnamon tea and looking around the small gift shop.
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment