Tuesday 12 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 1 (morning) - Isfahan - Getting to know the hosting family; strolling around the Naqsh-e Jahan Square; late lunch - The 27th of November 2017



I got to Isfahan airport fairly early in the morning after having spent the whole day travelling, once I had two stop-overs (Frankfurt-am-main and Vienna). Having been the first passenger to walk out of the airport premises I reached my hosting family's earlier than I had initially expected. They welcomed me with a rich breakfast, after which I decided to head towards the Naqsh-e Jahan Square rather than rest.

























When I first set foot onto this square in 2014 it must have put a spell on me as since then I had been wondering when I would be able to stroll on it again and explore the bazaar alleys running behind it with its multiple workshops, some of which I had been fortunate enough to have watched back then. 
 
 
The feeling of having set foot on it this time was rather strong and in no time I found myself in one of its back alleys watching an artisan hammering metal, so as to make "beauty" out of it ... yes, because everything that came out of the Isfahani artisans' hands, irrespective of the material they used, seeemed to be beauty related.
 
 



















As Saba and I walked around, I took the opportunity to photograph some of the details of one of the Bazaar entrance gates which had once impressed me (they still do).
















Simply breathing in and watching the surrounding atmosphere might have been enough to satisfy me though I decided to "incorporate" an additional pleasure - the buying of two handicraft coats.
 
 






















By the time we decided to walk back home, which was just a mere ten to fifteen minutes,  so as to cook ourselves something light to eat, I was finally beginning to feel the long trip tiredness.






 
 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment