Wednesday 7 June 2017

My 19 Day Iranian Azerbaijan circuit - From the Caspian rives to Tabriz and Takht-e Soleiman - Day 5 (late morning) - Zanjân - Imamzadeh Seyed Ebrahim Mosque; Lunch on the way to Âstarâ - The 13th of May 2017

 
Before leaving the Zanjân province we still visited the Imamzadeh Seyed Ebrahim Mosque, which we actually only saw from the outside. The whole complex was impressive, notably because of the dome, displaying the Sureh-ye-Jomeh from the Holy Qoran written in tholth scripture, which is also said to be used on top of the minarets.  It is obvious that was not what caught my attention (because had I not been told and I would have almost certainly overlooked that important detail) but rather the hues of blue against the blue of the sky.



















Because we had a 350 Kilometre distance to cover we soon set off, having stopped at a small restaurant on the way to Âstarâ, where we had a typical Iranian cuisine plate, which had it not been accidently splashed over my and Joelle's clothes whilst "grinding the meat" I would have loved.  
 
 





















 

No comments:

Post a Comment