Thursday 26 January 2017

My weekend adventure at Aix-en-Provence, France - (Day 2 morning cont.) - The Cathedral of Saint Sauveur - The 21st of January 2017


(...)

I don't exactly know whether I was expecting the Cathedral to look the way it actually did ... but the truth is the moment I started looking at some of the façade details and once inside whatever caught my attention I did feel it was more interesting than the initial impression I had had and I ended up taking quite a few pictures before having sat down to let the silence "penetrate" my soul ... 
Sometimes churches provide the ideal atmosphere to let one's thoughts and fears surface ...















L'Eucharistie by Joseph Richaud (1814-1904)






Le Marriage by Alphonse Angelin (1815-1907)









































No comments:

Post a Comment