Tuesday 1 November 2016

On my way to Porto; the Opohotel - From the 23rd to the 28th of October 2016



I left Lisbon Orient train station on a sunny morning and reached Porto on a rather cold and rainy evening as if I had crossed borders and travelled to a different country.  


And the truth is the Northern regions are very different indeed - people are bolder even in their linguistic approach, welcoming and clearly business oriented.


I was taken by the fact that Francisco de Sa Carneiro airport is a lot bigger and much more functional than the one in the capital city. I had lunch at one of its restaurants (canteen type) every day, which is something I wouldn't consider doing in Lisbon because of the meal prices, let alone to have fish.



















At one end of the airport terminal (outside gardens).
















Airport terminal -  ground floor - cartoon exhibition (left). Airport terminal upper floor (right).












Squid (left) and  grilled sword fish (right).






The hotel I stayed at was fairly close to the airport terminal  - a five minute walk at the most. I musr confess I simply loved it - from the huge room to the gourmet-like evening meals at the small restaurant.
































Vegetarian lasagna and lime tart with ice-cream.












Vegetarian tart and Abade de Priscos pudding (a local specialty).







Accommodation and meals were just one of the several aspects I enjoyed during this hard-working week, as special professional kindness on the part of the whole personnel at the Hotel and airport have to be accounted for.





No comments:

Post a Comment