Tuesday 26 July 2016

Praise comes in different forms ...


Praise and recognition for one's work may not always be expressed ... and when it is it may be conveyed in different forms ...
 
 
I have had parents and grandparents of some of the children who attended the Summer courses giving me a few presents, some of which with the direct involvement of the children (I know the stones of the pieces of jewellery specially made for me were chosen by one of the girls and that the orchids were equally suggested by one of the children), but the greatest praise of all is the one which is "embedded" in the children's new way of approaching things having been influenced by the teacher ...


A lot more children have been asking parents and grandparents to make paper constructions and Artistic objects so as to expand their creativity, together with a request to attend next year's course which has made me immensely proud once I know I have had a direct influence on that new "perspective" towards Art and a willingness to keep on learning ... and to me those represent one of the highest forms of "appraisal" ... 





Bouquet given to me by Pedro and Luz's grandmother.



















Bodyshop gift pack given to me by Bruno's grandmother (left). Jewellery pieces made by Lisa and Filipa's grandmother.





















Special edition of the jungle book given to me by the mothers of Tico, Tomás, Madalena, Constança, Manel and Tiago together with a specially touching card.



















Photos of António with his 3D paper construction sent to me by his father.




















Photos of Bruno with his recently made 3D paper construction.










Filipa doing a scraping picture during an afternoon visit to see me. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment