Saturday 11 June 2016

The 15 day trip to Vietnam - The Mandarin Route - Day 5 (early morning) - Hoi Han - Old city centre - Visit to a local silk related production factory - The 22nd of May 2016


The previous night I hadn't realised how beautiful the landscape of the hotel we would be spending the next two nights at was like, once we checked in fairly late. It wasn't but when we were waiting for our new guide to pick us up for a visit to the old city quarter that I took some photos and felt the surrounding beauty of the central Vietnamese landscape.


















I had been to silk production factories in several countries which have either silk production or therewith associated work but I must say I had never seen anything like the embroidered "paintings" some of the young "artists" were making on the ground floor of a factory we visited.


We weren't allowed to take pictures of the finsihed works covering the walls though we were authorised to photograph the girls at work. I was absolutely mesmerised by the artistic work involved and regret not not having bought one of those. Still willing to have my camera fixed (eventually in Vietnam ... if I could) I didn't risk spending money on extra things beyond what I had initially had in mind (one of the very first mistakes I made during this trip).


























From there we went onto the first floor where all of us had silk clothes made to fit. It was also the first time I had photos of my body taken to be added to the measures and later handed out to the seamstresses who would make our dresses and blouses taking into account our own individual morfology.







(To be continued)











No comments:

Post a Comment