Thursday 8 October 2015

The latest book I have read ...



When I started reading this book I had no idea I'd be pondering on so many issues during its actual reading but also after having read it. Sometimes it is not so much what is said but the way it is said and in that respect Will Gompertz's approach to creativity and other therewith related endeavours did have an impact on me.

Some of my own perspectives  regarding what I personally feel a "productive" life is or should be about "surfaced" as I was reading it, but I must also confess that I learned quite a few things about some renown and unknown artists and what it took them to "achieve" the so called recognition. 












"(...) people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. That is the artist's way. To happen to things. To turn nothings into somethings."


"Curiosity  is the tool that shapes the work of all artists, just as much as any brush or chisel."


"It is not where you take things from but where you take them to."







 

No comments:

Post a Comment