Tuesday 25 August 2015

The latest film I've seen ...



Based on The guest by Alber Camus, David Oelhoffen's film named Loin des hommes (Far from men) is I believe an affecting film in as much as  it takes us into a stunning physical surrounding landscape which undeniably highlights the desolate emptiness of the desert and by contrast the moral richness of its main characters who despite being very different have both found themselves in an unwilling situation none of them can apparently escape from.




















The film goes well beyond the Algerian story setting because it makes us ponder on choices, free will, dignity, values and principles.






One of the main roles is played by Viggo Mortensen, whose interpretation is outstanding, as it would be expected from someone like him. As far as the other main role is concerned I must admit Reda Kateb's interpretation which is second to none, came as a surprise (for me), most certainly because I had never heard of him before (shame on me or the fact that not many French films are exhibited in Portugal).


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment