Sunday 16 August 2015

I am just a girl that sings ...



I've been to see Amy, the documentary film on the short life of Amy Winehouse, which unveils the personal life of such a charismatic and talented singer from her rise through to her almost shocking and devastating fall in the form of interviews, archive footage and an extensive series of unseen footage never disclosed before, together with some of the rarely heard songs she wrote before having become a well known artist.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
According to most critics' reviews the film is brilliant, despite "unutterably sad" though in the eyes of her family, particularly her father,  incongruences tinge the idea people might have, especially in regards to him and his personality traits.
 
 
There were moments in the film in which I felt emotional as I looked at her progressive decadence, her troubled relationships, a rather undesirable and precarious type of life but most of all the fact that she had unexpectedly turned into a notorious target not realising it. Her straightforwardness and humbleness impressed me ..., as much as her voice ... 
 
 
 

 




















"I'm just a girl that sings, I don't think I'm going to be at all famous." ...










 

No comments:

Post a Comment