Monday 6 July 2015

The five day trip to Warsaw (Day 4 early morning) - On the way to Hotel Gromada, the Rydza Smigtego park, the Wojska Polskiego Museum and Charles de Gaulle statue - The 27th of June 2015



The following morning I took one last picture from the seventeenth floor bedroom booked by the enterprise I would soon leave behind, once I was moving onto a slightly cheaper hotel located fairly close by.



 
 
 
I walked  along al. Jerozolimskie having turned left heading in the direction of  the square Powst. W-wy. The hotel lounge was decorated with several naive looking paintings depicting popular scenes, which I immediately fell for. The room was quite small but because of being on my own it didn't make too much of a difference.
 
 

















































 
 
 
I would soon head  towards the National Museum, which was still closed, this being the reason as to why I walked down onto the F. Rydza Smigtego park but because I would have to wait for another hour or so till it opened I decided to briefly visit the open exhibition of  a wide variety of aircraft, helicopters and tanks used during war at the Wojska Polskiego open Museum and as a last minute decision head to the Warsaw Uprising Museum instead.
 
 
 







































As I made my way back into the Centrum I couldn't help noticing a statue representing Charles de Gaulle. Having resided in Warsaw in the 1920's he is still looked upon as having fought with distinction in the battle of August of that year, in which the Bolshevik forces were literally decimated and Europe saved, this being the main reason as to why he was awarded the hightest military honour in the country, the Virtuti Militari
 
 




















(To be continued)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment