Monday 10 March 2014

A feeling of not wanting to let go of ...


Today has been my last day with a particular group of students I have been working with since the end of January and despite knowing that I might eventually be with them again at the end of this year, in all honesty I felt I didn't want to let go of them.






Can there be anything better than sitting around with interesting people twice a week to discuss quite a wide variety of issues (in English) raised by a sequence of  English film episodes we try to thoroughly watch and analyse to the minimum details and having them further develop some of the surfacing aspects in written form (at home) so as to bring those forward to the following classes !...


Can there be anything better than being surrounded by a group of people, who in their uniqueness bring a panoply of added issues to the discussing table, some of which many of us wouldn't even think of, let alone consider !...



















Can there be anything better than having a group of colleagues (who have since then become friends) committed to learning and to further developing their English oral skills ... unafraid of exposing themselves and above all unafraid of what others might say about them attending English classes !...






Today most of us brought some food and drinks into the classroom to share with the group, as one of us (and I say "us" because I do feel I belong to the group) was attending another course and wouldn't be able to come for the closing day unless I changed the class to around lunch time.



















We did enjoy being with one another, as we continued discussing the film (this time in Portuguese) during the "lunch ceremony" ... and I'm almost sure we'll continue to feel so in the near future despite the feeling of not wanting to let go of ...  to let go of something we had taken for granted ... our "English oriented meetings" twice a week ...











No comments:

Post a Comment