Sunday 21 July 2013

Mouraria honours the fado ... The 21st of July 2013



I had not been a fado lover until I watched the well known film "Fados" by Carlos Saura and realised how intensely it touched me. The reasons as to why I hadn't been paying close attention to what was genuinely "ours" is unknown to me, but the importance is that I haven't stopped listening to it since then.


I have today walked around some of the narrow streets and alleys of Mouraria, which under a rather unique project decided to honour the fado in the form of portraits of some of the outstandingly unique singers and musicians who lived (some of them still do) and were brought up in this equally unique "bairro".










































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment