Saturday 25 May 2013

"Expectations" ...



As I left home this morning on my way to Museu do Oriente, where I was expecting to see some temporary exhibitions, (thus having taken my camera), I was taken by surprise at the realisation that there was going to be a national demonstration affecting the traffic on the way, so I was forced to change my initial plan and headed to the cinema instead, so as to watch "Great expectations" ...








I must say though I wasn't expecting to be the witness (in broad day light)  of something which is becoming a lot more common in Lisbon lately - rubbish selection for survival purposes ..., normally carried out in late evening hours, either because it is when shops throw away the products not liable to be sold the following day ... or the fact that some of these recent forced "beggars" are ashamed of having fallen into such a situation ...


















This extreme situation (photographed from inside the bus) somehow made me realise how lucky I still am for not having to hide my face and desperately do this ...









No comments:

Post a Comment