Sunday 24 March 2013

The Brooklyn follies by Paul Auster ...










It took me two consecutive nights to read the 273 pages of "Brooklyn follies" and now that I have finished it I still can't help thinking of some of its quotations ...


"One should never underestimate the power of books."

"Reading was my escapade and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice, reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author's words reverberating in your head."

When a person is lucky enough to live inside a story, to live inside an imaginary world, the pains of this world disappear for as long as the story goes on, reality no longer exists." 







One of my favourite Paul Auster's books, so far ... 

Definitely worth reading ... and eventually rereading.










No comments:

Post a Comment