Friday 22 February 2013

The latest book I have read ...








It has taken me three consecutive nights to read the 448 pages of "Tête à tête - the lives and loves of Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre", a biographical account by Hazel Rowley.

If according to the author she became totally obsessed while writing it, I must confess I felt a similar obsession while reading it ... 

Controversial as Simone de Beauvoir and Jean Paul Sartre's relationship may have been, Rowley's approach whose writing style is compelling, emerges as non judgmental.

This  biography has given me a thorough insight as to what their life was like from 1929 through to 1985 and helped me understand their intimacy through their own perspective.

Many other reasons could be pointed out as to why this particular book has been especially meaningful for me, but I'd rather leave it at that ...











No comments:

Post a Comment