Sunday 16 December 2012

The Rajasthan circuit - Day 3 - Junagarth Fort Museum - The 17th of November 2012



(...)

Our Junagarth Fort visit finished with its Museum exhibiting quite a number of old Rajput weapons and personal Ganga Singh belongings, among other rather exquisite and outstanding objects.
















































































As we were leaving the Fort and looking back at its 16th century imposing ramparts I felt a lot more enlightened about the role played by these successive rulers, as well as the role "Art"  must have played in their own lives ...




 





The streets of Bikaner would be our next venture ... and though I was looking forward to it I was still mesmerised by what I had just seen ... and felt I might not be able to fully appreciate what would come after ...





(To be continued) 







No comments:

Post a Comment