Tuesday 4 September 2012

Le Mont du Chat and Lac le Bourget - 26th of August 2012



As we drove down from Nattages on our way to the "Mont du Chat", Christian and I stopped for a few minutes along the Rhône to take some pictures, as the colour of the water as seen from across the bridge had quite impressed me. 

We were nearly attacked by a swan, whose moves were promptly intercepted by a dog wandering about, which actually got involved in a rather brief physical fight with it.




















We then continued towards the Mont du Chat where  we took some photos over the Lac du Bourget, prior to having walked into some woods nearby. This Lac is said to have been formed during the last period of the global glaciation in the Alps and has a surface area of 44,5 Km2.


















The view was absolutely stunning and before we walked through some woods nearby to watch the view from the other side we tried to locate Jongieux and Nattages, which I had never seen from afar.


















We then drove down towards Bourget le Lac and strolled along the lake for a while. I must confess I was impressed with the way the locals took advantage of the good weather and the definitely tiny stretches of rocky sand.












I was unaware then that just  few hours later I would be flying back home ... or maybe I was and didn't want to acknowledge that fact ...

I loved my weekend  ... and hoped those moments would linger on amidst the tedious week ahead ...












1 comment: