Friday 10 August 2012

The forthcoming trip to Cape Verde ...





I have been handed a few more birthday presents to take to the children of Cape Verde, as well as the money to pay for the school fees of Justina, Elias, Sonia, Valter, Nolita, Veinilson and Marcio. This money has been provided by the children's "godparents" respectively (Isabel, Gabriela, Telma, Filipa, João and João de Barros, the latest having recently joined our project group).

Among the birthday presents were the ones for Eveline, Jessica Patricia and some extra presents for Justina, who had already been given hers during my last stay at Calheta.


















Presents bought by Isabel to be added to Justina's already received ones (left) and those for Eveline (right) bought by Dora.




The birthday presents I have bought for Jessica Patricia who didn't receive any last time I was there, though she was at the birthday party.




Telma has given me the amount of money that was still necessary to ensure Ângela's University scholarship. I should further add that Dina has contributed with an amount of money for whatever might be necessary or otherwise be required, so as to be used in the most adequate way.

Despite the fact that many of the "godparents" haven't yet paid the little they are supposed to, so as to help these children, in all honesty I am happy with the ones who have and are continually asking in which way they could further help.

Marie Hélène, who shall be travelling with me this time has already promised me that she will take some of the extra weight I already have and which might be impossible to carry on my own. She will be travelling in from France and we shall fly out from Lisbon airport together.

It will be a very short visit, similar to the latest ones, but I am sure the children will be happy to see us and know that we still care for them, despite the actual financial difficulties.

I just hope we can continue taking this project forward, which inevitably needs everyone's efforts.

May those who have been supporting me all these years together with the ones who have recently joined in be blessed by their commitment to the project and above all these children.












No comments:

Post a Comment