Monday 6 August 2012

Faye ...




It will be six years tomorrow since Faye unexpectedly left us and though we don't mention it regularly, as if the course of life has washed her presence away, she is with us and within us as we learn to accept going on living with and without her smile, her touch and her dreams.

I often remember her for these ... as whenever she smiled she did it in an almost naturally contagious way ... and when she touched us ... we didn't easily forget the way she had done it ...
I do remember her  for the many dreams she had which came true and those which never did ... simply because death took her away so soon ...

"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living" according to Marcus Tulius Cicero and so it is and has been over the years ..., despite the fact that it is painful to remember and more often than it may seem ... heartbreaking ...














May she and the short life she was allowed to live keep on being an inspiration for those who truly knew her, loved her and admired her for who she was and what she achieved  ...











2 comments:

  1. ... Everyday we entered the lift, to arrive to the 5th floor, My Grandma's house, Faye always showed me how close I was to have her size... Years passed by... One day, I was "taller" than her, but still... I can see her hand... showing me, without knowing, she was the "biggest", the "oldest"... You never understood that even being the tallest... You were always the GREATEST... My Older Sister... I Miss You, so...
    Tears keep falling, in silence... inside and out...
    ... Mom... I LOVE YOU!!!
    ... Mia Farr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six years have passed. As time flew!
    Memories such as the words were forever written in our memories and our hearts.

    Until forever!

    BELL

    ReplyDelete