Friday 18 November 2011

Cape Verde (the morning of the last day) - Cidade Velha - the first of November 2011


(...)


I watched the whole bustling  activity  going on around a fishing boat which had just been pulled ashore at Cidade Velha, as the fishermen selected the fish by size and species so as to sell them (I believe to the restaurants in the area) and distributed the small ones by the few children and adults who had come running the moment it "touched the beach".
























































































The whole scene reminded me of my early childhood ... my grandfather and mother used to regularly take me to Figueira fishing harbour to watch the small fishing boats coming ashore ... and amidst the smell of fish and sweat ... I missed being a child again ... 




(to be continued)






No comments:

Post a Comment