Thursday 7 April 2011

The card games for the children of Calheta ... and other issues ...


These are the card games I have bought for the children of Calheta with the money gently provided by two colleagues (Carlos Saboga and Helder Pereira). They will certainly be put to good use next time I travel to Cape Verde. 


Although I have just been back,  I am already thinking about subjects I feel the children might be interested in ... and gathering material which may be associated to them, so as to be able to start working on a potential workshop soon, irrespective of the fact that there won't be any this year.

I have piles of  children's books and other artistic material I have been buying over the last years, whose only certainty is that they will  eventually be used someday ...


Having been to France last weekend has also allowed me to buy  additional material that I  know I won't easily find  around here. Part of it was gently offered by Christian and I know it will continue to be so.


From France have come the latest news regarding the children of Calheta ... two more people (Charlotte and  Breitenstein) have joined the group of "godparents" ...

May they be as happy and proud as we all are with "our protegées" ... Their future may depend on us ... more than we can even think of  ...





1 comment:

  1. Olá Iolanda. Já vi as fotos todas e adorei. Enviei um mail para ti. Depois diz se está tudo bem. Bjs.
    Carlos Saboga

    ReplyDelete