Tuesday 14 December 2010

A postal parcel on its way to Cape Verde ...


I have yesterday sent a 6 kg. postal parcel to Calheta, which will hopefully reach Cape Verde in two weeks and whose contents will be dealt with in the most appropriate way (by my local friend Sibylle), once they are  "new" second-hand children and adult clothes.

I must confess the postal fee was expensive (more expensive than I had expected) ... but soon after I "recovered" from the shock of having to pay so much for "so little" ... I realised that it was in no way "that little" ... it was the precious contribution of  a few colleagues of mine ... which will make a few (many children and people in need) happy over the New Year ...

They will at least know that someone ... somewhere ... is thinking about them ... and knows their immediate needs do not allow them to buy a new dress or a new blouse ... (though intimately they would like to wear some).


May they feel as happy as I did in sending them these "little" presents ...




No comments:

Post a Comment