Thursday 18 November 2010

Christmas campaign for the children of Calheta- Cape Verde

We are still one week away from the deadline of the Christmas campaign  in favour of the children of Calheta and already I have filled up two huge cardboard boxes with clothes and toys.











Although the importance of everyone's comittment does not lie on the amount of things provided, but primarily on the gesture, I must confess I have a lot to thank my colleague Anabela Parreira for her generous and priceless contribution. To add up to the amount of toys, men's and young girls clothes (previously handed by Cristina Igreja, Ana Maria Correia and Ivanilda's "godmother" Paula respectively), she has brought in clothes for all sorts of ages, school bags and a toy truck.

Anabela

Professor Hermógenes used to say that "if  ever you decide to help someone in the hope of being praised, don't do it but if you help someone for the mere satisfaction of being helpful then you are already being repaid for your gesture."

I know none of these colleagues and friends is expecting any words of thanks ... but I feel  that on behalf of those they are direct and indirectly helping, I should express them "our" gratitude.



Note: You will be further informed of the date of the shipping and any other relevant detail regarding this matter.









No comments:

Post a Comment