Wednesday 22 September 2010

The new school year in Cape Verde (20th of September 2010)



The new school year has officially started in Cape Verde and Sibylle has just sent me the photos she has taken to all the girls and boy (whose Portuguese "Godmothers" have sent money to) after having herself taken care of whichever was necessary for them to attend school.

Nelsinha and her great grandmother (Left) with her new school bag on her back.









Ivanilda (Left) and Leinira (Right) looking at the new school bag and material.








Eduardo (Left) and Justina (Right) showing their new school material.










Tarine showing her new school bag (Left)Tarine, Simone, Ivanilda and Leinira proudly doing the same (Right).




Amongst the thousands of things Sibylle already has to do, I have asked her to thorough and wisely spend the money my friends and I send for the children, rather than having them (unthoughtfully) mispend it.

 I, therefore owe Sibylle my gratitude for having accepted this request of mine, in the name of what are the best interests of the children involved.

May God bless her ...

No comments:

Post a Comment