Saturday 29 May 2010

Expressing my gratitude


Whenever I travel to Cape Verde, namely to Santiago island, I  always carry with me a lot of  school material and artistic items to either work with the children or leave behind for both children and teachers to use. Books, games and small useful gifts are also among the things I carry.

In this last one year and a half,  six workshops were carried out (5 in Calheta de São Miguel, Santiago island and 1 in Espargos, Sal island with  a total number of 102 children and young adolescents). 

In none of the workshop reports  have I mentioned two people, whom I feel I should express my gratitude to:

Sandro the manager of a store in Moscavide, where I have bought most of the school material and the gifts for the children, because of having helped me sellect some of the items and many times reduced the total price I had to pay for them, therefore allowing me to save some money to spend on any other material which might still be necessary ...

and Lourdes, who owns a photo shop for doing very much the same in regards to the disposable cameras I bought for the "reporters", the photo albums and photo frames, not to mention the printing of the whole amount of photos I duplicate for each of the children involved in every project, so that they may remember them one day.




Sandro and his co-workers  in the store

   
 Lourdes working at her photo studio


I would also like to acknowledge the team who works at Bulhosa bookstore in Twin Towers, Sete Rios for the precious help and support.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment