Tuesday 19 September 2017

Two of the latest films I have watched ...



I have recently watched two films I felt were rather captivating for completely different reasons, despite the fact that they both focus on life choices. If on one hand Mountains may depart is an intimate drama spanning decades in which the economic growth and the materialism culture in China ultimately affects the bonds of family and tradition with unimaginable repercussions on the life of a mother and her son, The eagle huntress film documentary takes us through the brave and thrilling journey of a teenage girl from a Nomadic family living in Mongolia's Altai mountains, who chooses to master eagle hunting, an art and cultural practice which is traditionally confined to male and their competence.
 
 





























I'd strongly recommend both and if I don't further expand the "beauty" of each of them it is because I don't want to influence the readers' expectations.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment