Wednesday 21 June 2017

My 19 Day Iranian Azerbaijan circuit - From the Caspian rives to Tabriz and Takht-e Soleiman - Day 9 (early afternoon) - Kordasht village - Shâh 'Abbas I Hammam - The 17th of May 2017


We stopped on the road to Kordasht in what might have been a former private house turned into a restaurant, where we had lunch and briefly enjoyed the beauty of the rose garden patio . 
 
 



















The landscape kept on "playing tricks" on me, once despite being mainly in green and brown tones it somehow felt like I was crossing different countries every time the bus turned around the road.












Having been built during the reign of  the strongest ruler of the Safavid - Shah Abbas I, the hammam we visited was incredibly beautiful, architecturally speaking, but its interior decoration was breathtaking. I kept on looking for details and ended up taking quite a few photographs. Some officers who presumably had seen us close to the frontier walked in and called me over, which came to me as a surprise, but the main reason was they were simply curious to find out who was the Portuguese among the French citizens as in accordance with the list of travellers they had been previously handed out. 












































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment