Monday 19 June 2017

My 19 Day Iranian Azerbaijan circuit - From the Caspian rives to Tabriz and Takht-e Soleiman - Day 8 (early morning) - Meshkin Shahr - The suspension bridge - The 16th of May 2017


We set off towards the suspension bridge early in the morning. The weather was significantly better than it had been the previous evening, in which we were supposed to have visited the Meshkin Shahr bridge, which is among the highest and longest suspension bridges.
 
 
I was mostly impressed by the surrounding landscape, because for some sort of unknown reason I had imagined it to be harder to cross and the truth is I didn't have any fear as I was going across it with the exception of the central part where they had some glass frames for us to look at the Khiyav river running underneath it.



























The wooden seats and tables under kioske-like parasols running along one side of the bridge got my attention. The more I looked at the way Iranians take advantage of the scenary for their family entertainment activities the more I felt we should follow their example.
 
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment