Tuesday 22 March 2016

Getting older ... and getting closer ...


My brother and I used to be very close as youngsters and more so when we got to University. Despite the fact that in the process of growing older we seem to have gone apart and further away from each other, even geographically speaking and our lives turned out to be rather different I have always felt his concern and "protection" if not directly towards me, at least in regards to my daughters, who have always considered him a father figure.


We have been seeing a lot more of each other recently and though we seem to be together  for very short periods of time there's a rather unique connection between us that leads me to believe that we are still very much attached to memories of our childhood, which surface whenever we stroll around Figueira da Foz, where he often finds refuge in and where I only ocasionally drive to.






























Getting older ... getting closer ...









No comments:

Post a Comment