Friday 13 March 2015

The sweetness of Southern India (Day 6 evening and Day 7 early morning) - The Paradise Resort, Kumbakonam - The 16th and 17th of February 2015



Prior to having dinner we checked into our hotel rooms and although I had had just a brief look I must confess I was impressed with its decoration and the craftsmanship of the furniture. 





















The positive impact I had was soon extended to the resort restaurant, which being an Annapoorani- type restaurant excelled in a wide variety of authentic South Indian Brahmin cuisine plates, (which kept on being served).



















I got up slightly earlier the following morning so as to further explore the resort premises, which resembled a lodge I had been  accommodated at in one part of my Guatemala and Honduras circuit some years back. Set amidst coconut, teak and mango groves Paradise resort is clearly an ensemble of colonial villas typical of South India. We had been to other very good hotels but I developed an almost immediate attachment to this particular one.
 
 
 
 
The more I looked at my "safe-box"-like  bedroom door the more I liked it. I was lodged on a second floor villa (seen in the photo underneath) surrounded by lawns and bright yellow coloured villas .













































I wandered around the resort gardens for a while before having joined the others at the open air resort lounge. I personally feel that one or two extra days there would have been "paradisiac".







Jaques and Christianne at the resort lounge.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment