Saturday 13 December 2014

Santa Maria island, Azores - The Refresher Courses and the Christmas dinner party - The 9th to the 12th of December 2014

 
The unexpected weather change didn't affect the "spirit" of those in the Refresher courses and by the end of the week we could say that "all is well that ends well" ...
 
By the time the last four tightly scheduled working days were over we could say that we had done what was in our "hands" to be done in the the utmost convivial spirit that is often put behind in this type of training courses, as if it could have a negative impact on the final outcome (this not being the case).



















I stayed overnight so as to participate in NAV's Christmas dinner held at the hotel I was staying at and again I was given the chance of being surrounded by former colleagues I hadn't seen for a while, as well as those I meet on a fairly regular basis, but what impressed me most was the welcoming spirit, the happiness and jovial approach to what might have just been a mere dinner otherwise. 











The "after dinner" party started with a tentative approach of having people sing traditional Portuguese songs and despite its shy beginning ended up (by the time I left, which was in no way the end of the party) with a "solid" singing choir which even included "howling" ...

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment