Thursday 23 October 2014

The 8 day cultural trip to Iran - "Iranian Treasures" - Last moments and last considerations - The 22nd and 23rd of September 2014


We couldn't desguise the degree of nervousness during the last meal which we ended up having at a former disco in Yazd,  once the flight to Tehran was postponed, which meant having to go directly to the International airport when (and if) we ever made it to Tehran in time.
 
 



















We finally got into Tehran very early in the morning and despite having been driven to the hotel which had been booked for us all we had time to do was to have a quick shower and change.









Looking back at the trip and taking into account the overall idea we have (or have developed in our minds based on the media or any other conveyed information over the years) about the country I must say it exceeded all my expectations. I wasn't expecting people to be so "open" to foreigners, women to be so attractive with all the "restrictions" (which are less severe than we are told) and even if I knew what to expect culturally speaking I was nevertheless "caught off guard" a few times.
 
I know I will want to go back and eventually cover a wider area sometime. I was captivated by its  artistic richness and I will certainly not miss the opportunity to go back. The group I travelled with may not have had any direct influence on my personal opinion but it did help make the trip a far more interesting one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment