Saturday 18 January 2014

Nantes, Dobrée Museum and Rue des Caderniers' façades - The 12th of January 2014 (morning)


(...)

Despite knowing Dobrée Museum would be closed for renovation through to 2015 I still turned into Rue Montesquieu to have a look at its ensemble. The important role of private collecting has once more played its part as many of the artefacts on display are said to have been saved from destruction during the French Revolution period.





























I soon found myself walking down towards the shore of the river Loire having made my way along Rue des Caderniers with two of its houses being worth noting because of the sculpted figures in their façades.





















Upon reaching Rue Ancin I felt as if I could be around the Montmartre area with its little narrow and steep streets ... until the river opened up right in front of me and brought me back to the reality of Nantes.




























No comments:

Post a Comment