Sunday 19 May 2013

Paris, Sacré Coeur - The 4th and 5th of May 2013



Having reached Paris in the late hours of the 4th of May absolutely exhausted after a long journey with the duration of almost one day that took me from Cusco to Lima (which we left on the 3rd) and then Lima, (which we left in the early hours of the 4th) to my final destination Paris via Madrid led me to postpone my return to Lisbon and stay overnight in an area which has been very dear to me (still is) - Sacré Coeur.

Finding the hotel I had booked via the internet wasn't easy at that time of the day (11H00 PM), particularly because most of the information was provided by street walkers who had long started their drinking night (so it looked) but following their indications and my "instinct" based on a map that didn't display the side street it was located at I finally made it to the Ramey hotel.

What a relief it was to finally put the heavy suit case down and lie on a bed that seemed to have been right there waiting for me to fall on it.






The following morning I made it to Sacré Coeur, just a few metres away from the hotel ... and stood there admiring the view ... remembering the importance this place had somewhere in 2004 on a rather similar sunny day, when my life took a turn ... 

I seem to get attached to places that are intimately connected to events in my life that either made a positive or negative impact in it ...

The beauty of this place is "embedded" in my soul and it will keep on playing an important role in it despite the fact that what "took place" here no longer is ...


Ridiculous as it may sound I chose a hotel in its proximity so that I could feel it once more ... not so much in a mourning but rather a "life goes on" perspective.






















































Having asked a passer by to take my photo ... I soon headed back to the hotel to collect my luggage and make my way to Orly so as to fly home ..., where I still (and also) belong to ...












No comments:

Post a Comment