Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Rajasthan circuit - Day 11 - Taj Mahal (cont.) - The 25th of November 2012



(...)


Walking onto the tomb chamber was, I believe, the worst "nightmare" of this visit, which none of us was expecting I am sure, once there were two huge queues moving in and out when the chamber was packed, leaving no space to either look around or even breathe. It vaguely reminded me of the visit of the Sistine Chapel (though much worse).

The moment we walked out it was like reverting back to the previous enchantment, as the sun was going down and the dimming light brought with it the amorous beauty we had felt before.






























The walk back to the gateway was made in silence as if one was still coming to terms with what one had just experienced ...































We then headed to our last hotel in Indian territory, as by the same time the following day we would be flying back home. I felt some sort of momentary sadness, which clearly unabled me to take advantage of the accommodation premises.



 









 















The eight of us, who had been staying at 4-class hotels, gathered for a last farewell drink at one of the many café corners the hotel had.

An unexpected silence fell upon me as I pondered on the experience ...










No comments:

Post a Comment