Tuesday 29 January 2013

My beloved "students" ...



It is not easy to have to walk up the steps that lead to my office every morning knowing that most of the time people who spend the working day with you don't acknowledge your commitment ... you still hold onto despite the fact that within  a training centre like ours what most people seem to be worried about is the financial profit involved rather than the role we may be able to play as teachers ... mentors.






I was granted the privilege of having thirteen of my former sixteen students enrolled in a course, which started today and which will allow us not only to further continue developing the English Language knowledge but also discuss controversial issues  (in English) twice a week for the next month and a half ... it may not seem much, but the truth is we all enjoy the "'round the table" morning sessions ..., as if we needed them to start the day in a proper frame of mind ...






My beloved students (who happen to be working colleagues ... and some of them friends) are the ones who know me best  ... the ones who understand me for what I am ... and if I am honest, I have been learning with them as much as they have been learning with me ... (at a different level) ...


Each of us has a unique personality and each of us in rather different ways contributes towards the enriching experience of providing opinions, hypotheses ...  and whichever contributions one may feel necessary to convey so as to understand the issue being analysed.




Back row (from left to right) - Jaime, Cristina F., Catia, Cristina I., Carlos, Ana, Luisa and Luis.
Front row (from left to right) - Vinagre, Carmo, Isabel and I.





Note: Teresa was at a meeting and missed the first class.  










No comments:

Post a Comment