Sunday 16 December 2012

The Rajasthan circuit - Day 3 - Junagarth Fort (still) - The 17th of November 2012



(...)

Our visit took us through the Badal Mahal with its fantasising idea of cloud paintings so needed in such an arid region, followed by the Chandra Mahal and  Phool Mahal, the latter of which contains the low silver legged bed of Rao Bika. . We also visited the Hawa Mahal and Lal Niwas.


We were still, I think too impressed with the Anup Mahal, though we came across many  outstanding artistic pieces, one of which was the  Marajaha's  swing.

























































































Somewhere between these I decided to hand out some lolly-pops and decorated air pins to some young girls to soon find myself surrounded by a whole amount of members of their family, which naturally came over to touch my hands (which we would soon find out to be a form of respect and thankfulness).

I ended up handing over a bag of those to one of the female members of that family, as they were taken so enthusiastically by the gesture.






I later came across them a few times along the visit and every time we did there were these big genuine smiles on their part, which were almost irresistible. Apart from their  natural kindness I found them to be all very beautiful.
















When I expected to see nothing else that might attract my attention, we walked into a huge sandal carved room with a wide variety of scenes that covered the whole walls. Mesmerised ... that's the best word to describe how I felt, as Christian meticulously took their detailed photographs.




































(To be continued)









No comments:

Post a Comment