Sunday 9 December 2012

The Rajasthan circuit - Day 2 - The Mandawa "haveli" frescoes - The 16th of November 2012



(...)

Different in style, thematic approach and even artistic mastery, the frescoes in the "havelis" had me mesmerised and despite the fact that I personally believed many should have been restored or better taken care of I felt extremely happy to have had the unique opportunity of witnessing such a fine example of the Rajasthan heritage.










































































We wandered about in the streets in search of the "havelis" whilst observing the ongoing movement in what was to become our first "contact" with the "street life" ...



















By the time we got to the hotel we would be staying the night at I still had some of those images "embedded" in me ...









No comments:

Post a Comment