Friday 7 September 2012

The latest news regarding the trip to Cape Verde ...




We shall soon be flying to Cape Verde and although I have started getting things organised a few months ago I must confess that there are quite a few things I must  still sort out before leaving, particularly concerning those children who seem to have been "forgotten" by their "godparents".

I was recently handed the money for the school fee of  the little girl Jorge, one of the recent "godparents" and his family will be "looking after", together with some extra amount for whatever may be needed, plus a card. Eva, Margarida and Susana have themselves also handed out the money for "their" little girls.

Elisabete has given me three dresses for the two girls she will be "looking after", as well as one for the little girl her sister will be "responsible for". I have added a dress for "my" Leinira and a few pieces of jewellery for her mother and elder sisters, while Lurdes has handed me some special photos she has made of Lou, Leinira and Rosana, apart from having offered all the girls and boys the reproductions of the photos which were taken last time both of us were there, which amount to more than 200 photos in total.




















Dresses brought in by Elisabete








The dress and some bracelets I have bought for Leinira (left), as well ad two pairs of earrings for her elder sisters and a cross necklace for her mother (right).  






 





Photos of Lou (top left) Leinira (top right) and Rosana (centre) made by Lurdes especially for them.






I have already assembled all the Birthday cards and the envelopes with the money for the school fees of all the children, whose "godparents" have handed me the money for.  















1 comment:

  1. The images are spectacular and gifts are beautiful!

    BELL

    ReplyDelete