Monday 9 July 2012

The Romania circuit - the evening of the seventh day - Bucharest - the 26th of May 2012



On the way back to the hotel Carmen mentioned the existence of a Romanian produced  anti wrinkle cream by the name of Gerovital, whose effect had been thoroughly proved, so without too many "justifications" on our part many of the ladies in the group (I included) set off looking for it in the pharmacy as we still had a bit of time before the "farewell dinner".

Christian and I wandered about the hotel in back streets we still had not yet been to ..., though soon found ourselves on the way back to the hotel because it had started to rain pretty heavily.




















We followed Carmen into town and into an apparent well known restaurant, (whose name I don't recall), which was overcrowded. We had to climb up a set of circular stairways onto the first floor overlooking the ground floor which unexpectedly became a dance floor for traditional folk dancers.




























Despite having been fairly noisy it was a rather interesting evening, and as i sat in the hotel room packing the last things realised the trip had largely exceeded my expectations leading me to believe that I would and will (almost certainly) go back some time ... in the near or distant future. 



I would be travelling back to France the following day having been with very interesting people, with whom I shared some rather precious moments I will undoubtedly remember for a long time ... having had the privilege of  being shown a very rich country, historic and culturally speaking ... especially thanks to professional guides who made their best to show us everything they could in such a tight schedule ... and despite not having bought as many handicraft "goods" as I normally do ... they will always remind me of the beauty of Romania ... and I will feel particularly proud and honoured every time I'll wear any of those "pieces" ...



























No comments:

Post a Comment