Saturday 2 June 2012

The Cape Verde experience in the words of Lurdes ...





The description of the Cape Verde trip wouldn't be complete if I were not to include Lurdes and Henriqueta's heartfelt words on what they experienced.









"Having left  behind a city inbedded in egoism, I came across a world I thought no longer existed and where the children's laughter made me think it is worth striving for a better world.

Calheta de São Miguel, despite the poverty, still reflects the happiness and the unusual values of nowadays living ... - humbleness, respect for others and friendship makes one feel peaceful, tranquil and safe.

It was a priviledge to have shared these special moments with Iolanda, Henriqueta and particularly the children. 

I hope I'll be able to go back soon.

I would like to recall a specific moment in which Henriqueta made a comment that turned out to be rather special for me - This place could easily be the Paradise."



Lurdes






(to be continued)






No comments:

Post a Comment