Sunday 8 January 2012

The latest news regarding the children of Calheta de São Miguel, Cape Verde




I have just been sent a photo of Ineida Patricia (Katiza) wearing the T-shirt I sent her because I had mistakenly forgotten to pack it last time I went to Cape Verde, and she was the only girl who didn't get any then. As the old saying goes "better late than never" and I am happy with the fact that she liked it.






Mr. Breitenstein has sent me some money for the project and I have been spending it with artistic material to work with the girls next time (which will hopefully be over Carnival), as well as some 3D for the boys to build themselves.












































Telma, one of the "godmothers" has also contributed towards the acquisition of some of the material. Taking into account the fact that there are about sixty children involved in it, I can't help but being extremely grateful to people who believe in the project, are committed to it in various ways and above all and trust me.






Because I expect to be taking presents for the children, whose birthdays are in January through to April I 'd rather start packing early than just a few days before flying. I have therefore collected some of those and been out shoping with two of the "godmothers" already.




 












Presents bought for Leinira (left) and Eveline Natalina (right) by me and Bell respectively.
















No comments:

Post a Comment