Sunday 9 October 2011

Cultural venues ...



Although I haven't been very "active" (culturally speaking) ... or at least not so much as I used to, I 've recently watched three Theatre performances which I really liked for various reasons.

The first two - Amadeus by Peter Shaefer staged by Tim Carrol and As lagrimas amargas de Petra von Kant an adapted version of the play by Rainer Werner Fassbinder staged by Antonio Ferreira, both at the National Theatre of Dona Maria II, reinforced  the idea I already had regarding some Portuguese actors - we do have some unquestionable good theatre performers.

The third one - Inri, staged and performed by two Italian coreographers and dancers took me into a different dimension and made me aware of a "new"  theatre concept in regards to the importance of the total absence of words and the role played by the movement and the mimic in the theatrical performance.





Being exposed to different theatrical approaches has made me a lot more conscious of what actually  impacted me as a non-intervening "character", that ... whose scene sequencencing took over my attention as if I were no mere observer but  as "intervening" as the characters themselves ... that other one, in which the movement and the tone of voice seemed so "real" that I didn't realise I was amongst the public ... and the one in which the gestures and the dance assumed such meaningful ways of exteriorizing religious rituals it transcended everything one could possibly imagine.

Amadeus and As lagrimas amargas de Petra von Kant will be on stage till the 9th and the 6th of November respectively, though the Zerogrammi produced Inri will not, once it was  only performed on the 8th and 9th of October at Theatre Taborda.

Critics apart (as those who write them have yet a different approach to what is happenning on stage ...) Diogo Infante's interpretation of Salieri (particularly as an old man) is second to none, so is  Custodia Gallego's in the role of Petra von Kant.

Stefano Mazotta and Emanuele Sciannamea are absolutely amazing Dance and Theatre performers, the Portuguese public  must see more of ...










No comments:

Post a Comment