Monday 11 April 2011

Cards of affection sent from far ...



As I opened my letter box today there were quite a few cards addressed to me, though sent to the "godparents" by the children of Calheta.

Prior to leaving Calheta I distributed a few stamped cards (which I had bought with Ana Maria's money), so that the children could write to Portugal and directly thank the "godparents" for what they had sent.

Upon having been asked when they should be sent I answered by the beginning of April ...  and here they are ...

I can only talk about the card I got from my "protégée" ... but I would say it is affectionate, showing concern about my health and wishing me the best ...

How can I not be touched !!! 

These children who are  most of the time not favoured by luck and affection themselves have so much affection for others ... it is almost ironic ...


Cards sent by the children (one of them having sent a colouring card I gave her and a photo both of which I know she loved ...)











May they be blessed ... (what else can I say?...).





No comments:

Post a Comment